Tuesday 11 October 2011

Where does the time go?


I really wish I knew the answer to this one! Before you know it, it's next week already! I seem to keep loosing days, last Saturday I had to take my eldest daughter to an open day at Reading Uni. I was supposed to watch my youngest row in the Stourport Head on the same day but couldn't be in two places at once so had to rely on a friend to bring her home.

This week I'm taking two days to go and see my Mum and Dad and try to help them sort a few things out. Dad still hasn't had a biopsy on the tumour in his stomach and seems to be getting weaker and weaker by the day. He's been offered a day a week in a hospice to give mum some respite and a wheelchair seems to be on the cards soon too. Not sure he's ready to accept either of these though.

So that's three days taken out of my week...still trying to fit all the other things that have to be done in so I guess that's why I haven't found a moment to blog or blog hop!

Luckily I have managed to have another play with the Vintage Typewriter stamps from "Creative Expressions." This week my creation started off with some black ribbon that reminded me of typewriter ribbon. I decided to stamp the hugs and kisses stamp onto the ribbon using "Pearl Adirondack Acrylic Paint Dabber." I was going to position the ribbon to make horizontal stripes across my card but then decided that this wasn't going to work. Instead I used four strips of the ribbon to make a grid. I then stamped the hugs and kisses stamp randomly in Black Soot Distress ink in the centre, masking the ribbon where necessary. This was then matted and layered onto pink then silver then the white base card. The typewriter was stamped in Black Soot Distress Ink and heat embossed in clear ep before being cut out and mounted in the top left hand corner of the card. To balance the Typewriter I glued three white rose buds onto the bottom right hand corner with a pink ribbon.

I'm entering this card into three challenges, I'm sure there are more if I had time to look! Anyway, here goes.....

"Let's ink it up - Think Pink"

"Sentimental Sundays - Must include a sentiment, anything goes"

"The Crafty Pad- Vintage" My colours might not be vintage, but the image is so I hope this counts!

I hope you're days aren't as hectic as mine at the moment!



Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

Siobhan Fyffe said...

Sounds like you have quite slot to deal with at the moment. But yet you still managed to make a lovely card! I love the black ribbon idea.
Siobhan

Gabrielle said...

Oh bless you! What a week! Thankfully you made this beautiful card! Hope the rest of the week is not as exhausting as it sounds!

Dawn said...

You are a busy lady!
Thanks for playing along at The Crafty Pad this week for our Vintage Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xxx

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

You poor thing, you do sound busy, hope things ease soon. Lovely card Tracy x

Lesley Edmonds said...

So much to fit in Sue. Do take care of yourself too :)
Thinking of you...
Lovely card.

aqualeiga said...

Wow! fab creation, love the sentiment!! I am so pleased that you shared it with us at THE CRAFTY PAD this week.
Hugs, Ali x

Victoria Lavender said...

Love your card! Pink and black are so cool and 1950's Vintage! Take a deep breath :)
Good luck,
Victoria Lavender

Kim Dellow said...

Great card! Love the colours. Kim