Sunday, 23 October 2011

I've Started but Haven't Finished!

In my last post you will have seen that I have started a book to catalogue all my ink pads, inks, paints etc......I've now managed to do the pages relating to my distress inks.

So now I have gone from this....


To this......






I grouped the inks into colour groups and then arranged them so that the shades got deeper as I went down the page. I used the fabby vintage date stamp from the Creative Expressions Vintage Typewriter set to stamp each colour. I added the codes ri for re-inker and ds for distress stain after the name so that I know what I have in my stash. Still got quite a few re-inkers and stains to get, so hopefully this will mean that I don't double up on any accidentally.

It wasn't until I had done this little exercise that I realised how lovely these colours are together! I'm sorry the photos don't do the colours justice.

3 comments:

Gabrielle said...

I thought the binders was a brilliant idea but the pages are inspired! This is truly brilliant! I love it x

hazel said...

What a fabulous idea - I agree that the colours are lovely together and I love it.
xxx Hazel.

Lesley said...

This is such a great idea and I have it on the back burner too. As you say - when you see the colours like that it's wondrous - how can we not be inspired.