Monday, 17 October 2011
For a while now I have been thinking that it would be a good idea to start cataloging my stash....how many times have I bought something I forgot I already had....and how useful would colour charts be instead of the scraps of paper that I currently use or loose in the corners of my handbag?!
Well this is the start of it...not sure how long it will take to complete, I know that I won't have it ready in time for the NEC in November, but at least I've started. So far I have made the front cover using the Vintage Typewriter stamps from Creative Expressions.
My local picture framer gave me a small pile of mountboard offcuts for free...So this was the start of my cover. I made a background by repeatedly stamping the typewriter in Weathered wood distress ink, masking as I went. This was distressed around the edges using Chipped sapphire distress ink. I mounted this layer onto dark blue card and stitched the two layers together with a zigzag stitch.
I stamped the typewriter on cream card in chipped sapphire and heat embossed in clear and then cut it out. I also stamped the typewriter keys in versamark and then heat embossed in clear before inking with weathered wood, stormy skys and chipped sapphire. I also stamped the typewriter in silver stazon on black shrink plastic, allowed it to dry, cut it out and then heated it to shrink it.
I'm thinking that once I've got some pages in my book I will decorate the book rings with lots of fibres....I love fibres, but I think that it will be difficult to add pages with fibres in place..hence waiting for a bit on this one.
Having checked out the feline playful blog I reckon that this will fit three challenges.....
"Fashionable Stamping challenge, Anything but a card"
"The Crafty Pad - Monochromatic"
"Stamptacular Sunday - Must use a stamp, You choose"