Sunday 2 October 2011

Hot, Hot, Hot and an apology!


Firstly, I have to say sorry about the lack of blogs this week....our internet has been awful, just when you think that you might be getting somewhere you get disconnected...I spent ages trying to get onto the internet last night and a whole long list of other peoples wifi came up...some of it protected and some not....My eldest was trying to get the internet on her phone the other night and actually managed to get onto someone elses wifi and not ours..Didn't work for me though (they are still unprotected but the signal is so bad it wouldn't connect)..I'm wondering if we have some internet virgins just signed up to broadband in the village and this is effecting every ones speeds...I know we are not the only ones feeling the effect, as my friend who lives just outside the village has been having the same problems.

It's steaming hot here in Worcestershire.....I had no idea that it was going to be like this when I set the last Tanda Teaser..Honest! This fortnight the Teaser is just add a bit of warmth...the idea being that you use warm colours on your card. I've used a Spellbinders die to cut a mask then used it to stencil a block of colour (I think I used wild honey distress ink). The Tanda Hotel Vendome stamp was stamped in coffee archival ink. I added a few gilding flakes and a bit of cream ribbon tied in a bow. This is quite an orange card so I think it will count for "Gingerloft's current colour orange challenge"

Thanks to the mask this is almost a single layer card, but then I mounted it on a pearlised brown card and then onto a base cream card, hence giving a framed effect.

1 comment:

hazel said...

A fabulous card, I love the image.
It's very hot and sunny here in Kent too, I think we have got to make the most of it as I don't think it will last much longer.
xxx Hazel.