So this is the last of the Wantage challenges. This was Janet's challenge, she was our special guest of honour. Coming all the way from New Zealand, she set us a challenge connected to New Zealand. this challenge has been worrying me, I wanted to make something special but after a few false starts and almost destroying my whole paula shell napkin, I thought I wasn't going to come up with anything respectable. But thankfully I have managed to make something out of the remaining few inches! Phew!
Yesterday I came across a 4 x 4 canvas for 89p and thought, YES!, that's just what I need to finish this Challenge! Especially with the tiny fragment I had left!
I started off by painting the canvas with acrylic paints over the front and sides, then I modge podged the napkin diagonally across two opposite corners. Next I slathered on some viva ferro paint and stamped into it with my Tanda Klimt swirly border stamp. When this was dry...I smeared the ferro with acrylics and precious metal paint and sprayed with glimmer mist. Once dry I added Stickles and then using Glossy Accents I stuck the Paula shell fragment in the bottom right hand corner and added accent beads to the piece. The next step was to add the seahorse plaque, mentioned in an earlier post, layered up with some mulberry paper (to separate it from the background canvas)
To finish the canvas, I painted the sides with Viva croco paint...this cracked to reveal the acrylic paints and napkin that I painted/stuck around the edges.