Tuesday 8 June 2010

F is for Flowers and more flowers


Over on the alphabet challenge this week the theme is F for Flowers. Not more flowers I thought and then I remembered that I had just cut up and mounted the large flowers from Graphicus. I've had them for ages and was thinking of selling them (I bought them as part of one of those mega deals, you know, the sort where if you buy a load of stuff you want you get something for free that perhaps you didn't really want) Anyway a few weeks ago, my eldest daughter decided that she wanted to use them for her GCSE Art exam piece so I ended up mounting them all on EZ mount...Having done that I might as well use them myself now I can't sell them as new!




I stamped the flowers onto paper printed from the Arylicious Decadent Brocade CD rom and layered them up with card run through a cuttlebug folder that complimented the flower shape.








The flower petals were curled slightly, distressed and a small amount of glitter added to the edges to give a bit of dimension.




As I mentioned before, my lack of blogging has been down to spending loads of time gardening and also having the kids home for half term...so I just thought that I would share some pictures of the flowers in my garden that I have taken over the last week.......










































That's probably enough pics for today...will blog some more tomorrow hopefully!
Sue
x

5 comments:

Lesley said...

Beautiful card Sue, the flowers are lovely! And your garden is looking gorgeous too! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

Zoechaos said...

See you can blog lots of pictures in the same posting LOL Beautiful garden. Great challenge piece as well those not sure if i really want them stamps can be surprisingly useful.

made by fifi said...

great card - love the floer - thanks for joining in the alphabet challenge x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge this week. S xx
ps - your garden is looking lovely.

Lesley Edmonds said...

How did I miss this? It's lovely. Gorgeous texture!
Lesley x