Tuesday 14 July 2009

Vintage Pictures



On Sunday the family came over and we and opened up fil's box of photos. It took all afternoon and some of the evening to go through them all. We now have piles of photos all over the place....one pile to go to family in Canada, mil took her pile, one pile for us and one pile to be copied.

In amongst the photos I found two rather lovely photos. I think they are both of the same lady and judging from the fashion and hairstyle I am guessing that they date back to the 1920's. The wedding photo has "Auntie Laura and Uncle Sam" written on the back so I am thinking that they were probably fil's aunt and uncle, but I'm not sure if that's his mum's side or his dad's side. Maybe an interesting little family history project for my youngest daughter over the summer holidays.


Sue
x

1 comment:

Aquarius said...

Great photos Sue and family history is another obsessional hobby (in case you didn't know!!)