Thursday 23 July 2009

Tanda Teaser - Here Come the Celts!


I've had a set of Tanda Celtic stamps for some time now that I hadn't used, so I thought I should finally christen them! Consequently I have set the challenge, this week, to use a Celtic design or motive somewhere on your card. My card is based on the sketch from the July edition of Craft Stamper. I thought that the circles could be celtic shields and hence the starting point for my card.

The main circle was embossed in clear ep on olive green pearlised card, I then brushed over the image with gold interference paint so that the ep acted as a resist, this was then layered up with bronze metalic card and gold card cut using nesties. The two smaller circles where again cut out with nesties, but this time I used a brass stencil in my wizard to emboss a celtic design on to the bronze card. These circles where then punched and held together with a brassy brad to look like the centre of a shield.

The base of the card consists of a square of olive green pearlised card that I stamped with versamark and then dusted with gold Pearl-Ex. The quote was something I found somewhere on the internet. I think the words fit the celtic theme beautifully as many of the celtic knot designs have no beginning and no end.

I hope you all enjoy the challenge!

Sue
x

No comments: