Saturday 6 June 2009

One that got away! Well almost!



If you read my blog you will know that I had a Stamping Up workshop recently. As a little thank you to Maggie, our demonstrator, I made a little coaster using the "Summer by the Sea" stamp set that I had bought from her previously. I'd seen some over on the splitcoasters website and fancied having a go. I bought a white marble tile from Tops Tiles for about 60p, not sure if they charged me the right amount, I though they were supposed to be about 80p. I stamped the image with a jet black impress dye based ink pad and then used my copic markers to colour the image. I then sealed this with artists fixative spray. This seemed to make the colours bleed a little bit, but gave the impression of a very loose watercolour painting. Overall it was quite a pleasing effect. The fixative does seem to have made the image waterproof as the black ink did not run when I put the tile under running water...have to say that I didn't rub it hard just in case!



So why was it the one that almost got away....well, silly me, I forgot to photograph it before presenting it to Maggie. All is not lost as Maggie photographed it and put it on her blog. You can see Maggies blog here

http://rubberstamping4fun.blogspot.com/

If you love SU products, I hope you will pop over there and see some of Maggie's work.

Sue
x

No comments: