Tuesday 5 October 2010

Pandora's Box




"Tuesday Taggers" theme this week is Pandora's box.....how lucky for me was that seeing as I just made a pressie for one of my good friends and boxed it! I didn't photograph the pressie in the box..just the pressies and the boxes separately, so I hope that's OK.
The necklace, bracelet and ear-rings were made using sterling silver beads and freshwater pearls. Anyone who reads my blog and Zoe especially will recognise the card used for the box....this corrugated card is absolutely fabulous for boxes...unfortunately I think that my local card shop cannot get any more. They have a fabulous deal on end of line...10p per A4 sheet, but once it's gone it's gone!


Nancy looked absolutely fabulous at her party, at least 10 years younger than her real age! The words on the tags on her card were "Forty? Be forever young!" Very apt! It was a great party, her father in law sang for us all (he made the final 36 in the very first X factor and that was after he had throat cancer...What an inspirational guy!) His Tom Jones impersonation was brilliant! Then Nancy's eldest son, Dillan, played with his band, and they were great too. Her younger son had us all wowed with his break dancing...I think Sarah is regretting not going now! We tried to get Emma up to sing with Dillan too, but she chickened out! Nancy and I are hoping that Em and Dillan might perform together at the Mars Bar in Worcester in the near future....nerves and homework permitting!
Sue
x

3 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Indeed the card used for the box is excellent as is your box making. This is a gorgeous present sounds like a great 40th party. Thank you for sharing with us at Tuesday Taggers xx Zoe

Unknown said...

Wow bet she was thriled to receive such a gorgeous gift - beautiful colours choices too xThanks for joining us at TT this week x Janet

Unknown said...

Wow the presie is gorgeous, I would love to have a set like that. Supereb Pandora's box. Thanks palying along with TT this week
hugs
Ildiko