Friday 23 April 2010

Vivid Colour!


Hi there...this week Wendy's Tanda Teaser is called Vivid Colour!. I've been a bit busy this week so I have to admit that my card is a "here's one I did earlier", mind you, not that much earlier! You might recognise the style, I seem to like this layout at the moment and I do love the Inkadinkado stamps for teenager cards. I love the purples and lime greens together..needless to say I've used, milled lavender, dusty concord, shabby shutters, peeled paint and black soot distress inks for my card.


So what's my excuse? Well I've started making my daughter's prom dress...She has chosen a vintage 1952 design from Butterick. In the picture it looks fabulous, but the actual thing looks nothing like the picture. This isn't helped by the fact that my daughter's measurements span 3 sizes and that one of these sizes is not covered by my multi size pattern! So far I have had to make 3 toiles to get the bodice to the right shape for her and it has taken several attempts to get the drape around the bust right! In the picture the drape around the bust looks very full, but the actual pattern lies flat over the bust...The fabric is taffeta and I have found to my horror that the tiniest spot of grease immediately gets sucked up into the fabric...I have two daughters who seem to think they can eat and leave crumbs all over the house...so I have been shouting at them to keep away from the areas that I am working in! I can't afford to have any accidents as there is no spare material!


This is where I got to earlier...the drape is lining fabric that I used to make my pattern pieces for the real thing. I'll post more pics as I go.....

4 comments:

Janet Baldwin said...

Looking good so far Sue. Hope it works out well. How much time have you got to finish the dress?

Love the card too!

Zoechaos said...

WOW this looks challenging your girl will be the Belle of the Ball.

Chriss Rollins said...

great colour combo on your card and look forward to the finished result of DD prom dress.

chriss x

Chriss Rollins said...

I joined in the tanda teasa

chriss x