Tuesday 6 October 2009

The next Tanda Teaser is....."Russet and Gold"



We have got a little out of sync this week as Wendy has asked me to post the teaser this week, if all is well, she hopes to be able to post her challenge next week instead. So this week I have set a colour challenge...the leaves are just starting to turn here and we will soon be in for a display of russets and golds, so I decided to choose this as my colour challenge. I had an anniversary card and a wedding card to make this week so I have designed them with the colour challenge in mind. Both cards began in the same way, namely I stamped and embossed the main image from TandaStamps in clear ep on russet, pearlised card stock. Using the darkest gold interference paint in the USArt Quest pallet I painted the inside of the hearts and then I used the paler gold interference paint for the rest of the image. (Unfortunately interference paints do not photograph particularly well, the pale gold looks silver in these photos!). Both stamped images cut out, then matted and layered with gold and bronze card.



For the anniversary card I stamped a swirlly flourish stamp from Art Impressions (available from Sir Stamp a Lot) all over a DL sized card made out of the pearlised russet cardstock. I then brushed the stamped image with brilliant gold pearl-Ex and fixed it with hairspray. The edges of the card were also dusted with Pearl-Ex. The sentiment was stamped in the same way as the main panel, edged with copper krylon and affixed with brads.





For the Wedding card I used the same matting and layering but this time I used a cream DL card. I stamped and dusted Pearl-Ex as before but used my Klimt swirly borders down each side of the main panel. Again the sentiment was stamped and painted in the same was as before.


I hope that you will find time to enter the teaser on the Tanda blog this week and look forward to seeing all your lovely artwork!


Suex

No comments: