Tuesday 26 June 2012

You Warm My Heart and Faux Ribbon Technique

The Design Team have just received this month's stamp set from Creative Expressions.

It's the rather wonderful "Butterfly girl set by Sam Poole" and the "Bubble Wrap background stamp also by Sam Poole".

I couldn't wait to cut them up and get stamping!
For my card I decided to follow the CAS route. And in playing about with distress stains for another project I came across a very simple technique that gives the effect of a ribbon across the card without actually using a ribbon. I'm going to call it the Faux Ribbon Technique. From a distance it certainly looks quite effective! A great way of creating a ribbon without adding another layer and hence great for one layer cards.

 So what do you do....simply drag the bottle of distress stain across the paper or card, start a little before the edge of your card and finish a little after your card otherwise you get a dot at each end.

I used the bubble wrap stamp at the bottom of my card with spun sugar distress ink and then stamped the heart balloons and hanging sign in black archival. The sentiment was from Sam Poole's art sayings that we had last month. I coloured the hearts and hanging sign using cosmic shimmer paint from the summer set. Once the paint was dry I coated the hearts, strings and sign with glossy accents.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

"Love to create - anything goes"
"Make it Monday - Anything goes"
"Pile it on - Make your own embellishment", mine's faux ribbon...bit cheeky I know!
"Robyn's Fetish - No flowers anywhere"
"2 Sisters - Anything goes"
"ATCs and cards with attitude - Anything goes"
"Dilly Beans - Dots"
"CASual Fridays - Pretty in Pink" might get disqualified...wasn't sure if you weren't allowed to enter the challenge more than 4 times or enter more than 4 other challenges.

17 comments:

Gabrielle said...

What a beautiful card and a fabulous technique! Thank you for sharing it! I thought I'd use those hearts in my project for next week but I'm not sure I'll do them justice now I've seen this!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty Sue I love how you have used the 3D gloss on the sentiment well done Fab card Hugs Elaine

Hannelie said...

Great CAS card... perfect for our challenge at Robyn's Fetish this week!

fatmonica said...

It's a beautiful card and the faux ribbon's so effective!

happyscrapper said...

This is a lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish, and hope to see you back next week.
Hugz,
Christine

Marjorie said...

This is lovely hun...simple and elegant!
Thanks for sharing such a lovely card with us at Make it Monday this week....
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

hazel said...

A lovely CAS card - I love your faux ribbon technique.
xxx Hazel.

Karen Dunbrook said...

really sweet card...

Shirley-Anne said...

Simply a lovely CAS card .Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

Jenn Borjeson said...

Great card! Thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans! :)

Chris (catt871) said...

This is gorgeous!!! I LOVE the CAS look!! THANKS for joining us at Love to Create!!!
Hugs,
Chris

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Wow Sue, you make CAS look so easy. this is so pretty.

Followed your link from MIM. I'm 73, 81 & 83 this week (so far!). I'd love it if you to stop by and comment on your favourite one.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Purple mad Alison said...

Brilliant card, just goes to show things don't have to be covered from top to bottom to look
glorious and amazing :)
Thanks for joining us over on ATCs With Attitude.
Hugs Alison x x

Deb said...

Beautiful card! The pink is perfect! So glad you could join us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michelle said...

HI

Wonderful CAS card! I love the faux ribbon effect.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :o)

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful card.... thanks for sharing with us at Love to Create challenge this week! Jo xxx

Crafty and Green said...

Simply Cute! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Love to Create Challenge! We Really Appreciate your Support & your Creativity! Please Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

Many Blessings,
Tina