Hi there, just taking a break from clearing the study so that we can decorate it....we've lived here for almost 13 years and this is the only room that we haven't decorated. Having had a leak in the roof last year there are some dodgy stains on the ceiling so we are going to have it replastered to cover this up and to hide the dreadful artex!
This has knock on effects for me as one end of the room is where most of my craft materials are kept so I am having to try to find places to put them so that I can still have access to them! That said one of our oldest friends and his partner have just had a baby girl so a new baby card was called for. Pretty good excuse to pause on the room clearance.
I've used this card for the current "Tanda Teaser" with the theme something new...so could be a new home, new baby, new technique, new stash, basically anything so long as it's new!
For my card I used the baby and toddler stamp sets that I designed for Tanda. I built the background up by stamping and masking with the teddy stamp, the baby stamp and the flowers using distress inks. I cut the background stamp so that one of the baby word stamps would show in the bottom left hand corner of the card.
I cut a circle of white card and stamped the teddy in distress inks before colouring it with copics. the heart cushion was coated with glossy accents and the edges were distressed with Victorian velvet distress ink and my dune dots stamp. the fancy circle was a spellbinders die as were the leaves. The flowers and tiny tag were cut using Tim Holtz dies. For a change I decided to use buttons for my flower centres and matched the twine with the twine on the tag. Gold mica was spritzed onto some of the leaves and the seam binding was dyed with Victorian velvet distress stain.
I didn't actually have to die cut the flowers especially for this card as I already had some cut...I tend to try to get as much out of my hand made paper as I can. (I got it in Ikea some time ago and I haven't seen it since)..So when I've done the first cut I move the paper around so as to use all the bits inbetween and hence often end up with more than I need for one flower. I keep these extra flower shape bits in a box with my brads then, when I need a flower for a new project, I will check to see if I have enough to make a flower and go from there. Sometimes the finished colour of a card can be determined by what flowers/leaves I have in my box.
"Creative Belli - New Arrival/baby"
"Divas by Design - Pink"
"Little red waggon - DIY Patterned Papers"
"Truly scrumptious - Anything goes"
"Alphabet Challenge - H is for handmade flowers"
"Simon Says Stamp and Show"
"Amusing Challenges - Flowers"
"The squirrel and the fox - One for the girls"
"2 Sisters - Make it Girly"
"Crafty Mess Challenge - Pink and Cute"
Oh well better get back to clearing the study!