Sunday 15 January 2012

Hidden Messages





Here's my next "Creative Expressions Design Team piece" using the wonderful Wendy Veechi stamps. I made a template with heart shaped petals to open out to reveal a hidden message, bearing in mind I made this last week and only saw the latest Craft Stamper afterwards it's a bit spooky....hidden messages and all that! Ok a bit different, but hidden all the same.

The dotty and stripy papers were from the Treasury in Kidderminster, I bought them for another project...but then decided to use them for this instead...best laid plans and all that.

I used the lacy Wendy Veechi stamp to stamp the heart shaped petals and the sentiment (first time I've used this particular stamp). All stamping and distressing has been done in distress inks. Metallic and bling elements are in the form of brads. The pointy finger....is from the Just rite Cling set. Greetings from Paris. The leaves were die cut using the Spellbinders foliage die.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

"Moving Along With the Times - Spots and or Stripes"

"Pixie Dust Studio - Put your heart into it"

"Southern Girls - show us your Sparkle"

"Simon Says Stamp - Spots and or Stripes"

"Anything goes - anything goes"

"Everybody Art Challenge - shabby"

"Incy Wincy Designs - vintage"

9 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is very clever and stunning,thanks for joining in on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

hazel said...

This is fabulous Sue, I love how the flower opens to reveal hidden message.
xxx Hazel.

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

Great idea Sue, love the hidden message and the flower is beautiful stamped with the background. Enjoy your week. Tracy x

Steph said...

How clever, great idea! Thanks for joining us at Anything Goes this week, hope to see you again soon! x

Lisa Jane said...

fabulous idea -wonderful card - love the spots and stripes . Thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week
Lisa xa-

DesignerDiva said...

Many thanks for joining us at MAWTT this week with our Spots and Stripes and good luck with the challenge. I'm sorry I'm not too well and this comment has been copied and pasted, but I wanted to make sure I visited every blog that entered.
I some blogaversary candies on offer on my blog if your interested.
Hugs Laurie x

Gaynor Greaves said...

Just beautiful, thanks for joining us at Anything goes, hope to see you again, Gaynor DT :)

Don't forget we are having a DT call at the moment, why not give it a try.

Zoechaos said...

I'm sorry Sue I missed this which was a shame as this is lovely XOXO Zoe

Gabrielle said...

Love this! The hidden message is a fab idea!